Thursday, July 9, 2009

Who's on 1stdibs.com


Gloria Vanderbilt, for one. (How 'bout that amazing crazy quilt robe?!)

And Hamish Bowles, and Kelly Wearstler, John Derian and Wendy Goodman and a whole slew of other style luminaries whose work and/or vibe I dig.

I'd heard about this art and antique site for a while now, but had never checked it out until this morning, when it showed up as an ad link on the side of the Times' T Magazine website, where there's also an Alaia story that I'm keen to spend some time with soon.

1stdibs.com is an auction website, but like most successful and well-executed internet destinations, it also has a journalistic component. I just spent an hour I really should have been doing hot yoga reading about Bunny Williams sensitive design hand, her protege Miles Redd's sensational inclination to reference movie sets in his interiors (his "My Fair Lady" kitchen is wonderful, in all its black and white, at-the-Ascot glory) and even one of my favorite actresses, Rachel Griffiths, who has a big thing for Noguchi chairs and other benchmarks of good modern design - who knew?


1 comment:

  1. This site is super cool, though I haven't been able to figure it out quite yet.

    ReplyDelete