Saturday, July 11, 2009

You know how one thing leads to another?


I started out this morning ready to begin posting even more new Etsy editions.

Two hours later, I'm still here at the kitchen table, my dirty cereal bowl and cold coffee cup still sitting here beside my computer, where I've been surfing for far too long.

I just got on one of those fashion searching frenzies, starting with my attempt to find the correct year and season that the 1990s Gaultier sweater/jersey dress that I got in Boise came from. I found what I am SURE is a companion piece from the collection on The Way We Wore's site on 1stdibs.com (my new obsession), which gave me a jumping off point. But since Style.com's backlog of shows is only nine years old, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I did, somehow, run into a story about my childhood friend Janie Bryant, the costume designer for the incredible AMC series Mad Men - back on TV August 16! - with the news about how she's working on a vintage inspired line. That's super-exciting stuff, so I started searching for more stories, which led to finding interviews she's done with the NYT magazine, British Vogue, the LA Times and a host of websites.

Something on one of Janie's sites linked to some information on Resurrection Vintage, which is the bicoastal vintage store co-owned by Katy Rodriquez, a friend of mine from New York. She's amazing - just a lovely, kind, talented woman (that's her in a vintage 40s Indian headdress, above)- and has been extremely successful over the past few years launching her own namesake line. Recently, she's had a celebrity explosion, with lots of red carpet action and ton of media exposure.

On her business' FB page - join it here - I came across a link to a story by another top-notch off-the-radar fashion site, Refinery29, about her fall '09 lookbook featuring Jessica Joffe, the gorgeous red-headed socialite/writer/model/former Ryan Adams GF. Super stuff. Check it out:



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I had a typo haha.
    I LOVE Resurrection

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that same experience this morning. Live in he the East Nasty and went shopping yesterday due to the glorious weather. Oh, don't get me wrong I shop regardless of the weather, my funding or anything else that may get in the way. I truly loved your collection @ Fanny's The prices were so fair I could hardly believe. Though I knew I was not in SALS (my friend and I's name for thrifting)the prices were extremely reasonable. So this morning, I awake on this beautiful Sunday to surf on my back deck. Put in your name to learn more about your vintage experiences and walah! Found many interesting sites and more info than I know what to do with......EcoSwap! What a fantastic concept! Every spare moment you will find me in Nashville thrifting. I previously had a little shop in Columbus Ohio and also have done consignment in furniture. I believe I am destined to buy old clothes, furniture, live in older homes, and take care of aging dogs so that when I get old someone will take good care of me! Karma! However, I must admit I love my men young :) I will probably also email you in hopes that you need some divine diva assistant to assist you in your endeavors. I work for clothing!

    ReplyDelete